A quick way to save time and money when shipping that you probably already have access to!
And a bonus – you also don’t have to wait in line at the shipping store just drop the package off wherever they have as the designated drop-off area. At my local store you just place your items on the counter.
I wish I had known about this earlier than a year or two ago. I learned this trick from people in a Book Swapping Facebook group.
I use this when I’m sending books, or when I get direct art sales (non-etsy sales) and I’m shipping my prints, cards, and some handmade ornaments last year!
It saves so much money – If I went to the shipping store to send a book it would cost over $10, while doing this from home – it was less than $4.
- Log-in to your Paypal account (or sign up for a Paypal account if you miraculously don’t have one yet)
2. Under “Seller Tools” click on “Manage Multi-order shipping”
3. Click “Create Shipment” and then follow the form to fill out your shipping details.
4. Then you can choose your shipping type (all are USPS)
(Media Mail is perfect if you are shipping books, photos or documents)
-Weigh your package and/or measure it if required
(I use a food scale because we don’t have a mail scale, and it does the same thing!)
5. Then you pay for your label, and print out your shipping label!
6. Attach your label to your package.
All done! It is so easy.
Drop off at your local shipping store – anywhere that allows USPS drop-offs (like ups, fedex, usps, postnet)